Thursday 19 January 2017

Idara Baraye Taleem-o-Taraqi (IBT)

I have only just discovered Idara Baraye Taleem-o-Taraqi (IBT), a peace and development organisation that operates in Bahrain. They attempt to promote cooperation and reduce conflict through inclusive development. They claim to reduce tensions between clans, tribes and communities by engaging with music, dance, traditional lore and crafts, poems and games. They have been in operation for about ten years and for five years they have also been hosting a music and arts festival that ends with a conference about cultural development that includes academics, communities and civil society. I have not as yet been able to find out much detail or any evidence of their success, but I will post it here when I do. Their website is occupied by a cosmetics company.




2 comments:

  1. I am head of this organization. Thanks for your post. We are now in the process of developing another website www.ibtswat.org.pk You said our website is occupied by a cosmetic company.. I did not know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can write to me on this email ibtswat@gmail.com

    Please do guide us how to make a good website

    ReplyDelete